“Your recommendations on how to stage our home for a quick sale and higher price proved invaluable.” — George and Naomi Egami
More than words: we’ve made it official.We created a system that sets The deFazio Experience in motion from day one.
We created a way for sellers to feel known, understood and valued; secure in their decisions and; fiercely protected and guided
Here’s The deFazio Experience in five steps —
Step 1: In-depth, structured interview
We’ve honed our interview skills over several decades, and we take seriously this first step of getting to know you. No one can help you find the right buyer and the right price without first learning everything you know and feel about your home.
Step 2: Setting the best asking price
Setting the right price at the start is critical, and it requires far more analytical thinking than simply reviewing recent sales in the neighborhood.
We apply a value to every component that a buyer considers – location, size of house, amount of usable land, condition of the home and yard, interior and exterior design and appeal, view, pool and more. We created our valuation system after showing hundreds of homes and hearing what most buyers consider important, and the value they place on each feature.
Step 3: Preparing your home for sale.
The right staging can add up to 10 percent to the sale price. We’re artists and creative thinkers, and we apply those skills to make your home appealing to the right buyers through our Home Retouching Process.
We work with what you have and rearrange, remove, refresh and retouch inside and outside to add value and enhance appeal. We can add flowers, art and accessories from our Design Studio to help make a favorable first impression.
Step 4: Targeting the right buyers.
Today, 92 percent of buyers start their home search online. Buyers say they’re also influenced by: the yard sign (80 percent), open houses (56 percent), newspaper ads (40 percent), real estate magazines (35 percent), direct mail (22 percent) and video (10 percent).*
Our marketing strategy includes:
- Detailed, professional marketing copy about your property for entry into our listing services, which migrate to many internet sites and search engines.
- Multiple high-quality photos. Buyers want to see as many informational photos as possible.
- Syndication of the listing information to sites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Google Base, Craigslist. These are the sites and services most buyers favor.
- Virtual tour on all the syndicated sites.
- Email, Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites, with professional copy, photos and virtual tours.
- Open houses designed to help buyers feel connected to your home.
- Yard sign – Coldwell Banker’s signs are the most recognizable in the world.
- Newspaper advertising, including the highly visible weekend View Magazine, with color photos of our listings.
Step 5: Fiercely advocating for you throughout negotiations and escrow.
Two-thirds of the deal happens in escrow. With inspections, surveys, financing, appraisals, parents’ comments and just plain cold feet and second thoughts, lots of things can stand between you and a sold sign.
That’s where our skill and experience can save the day. Lots of days, actually. We’ve been there before and can negotiate, arbitrate and agitate if necessary, to make sure the deal goes through.