Whatever your reasons may be for wearing faux items, there are so many amazing options to choose from nowadays. My reason? My budget. Purchasing real leather or real fur is expensive. To spend on a $400 leather jacket or $200 leather shoes feels indulgent. Yes, I know the investment is worth it—at the right time. But in-between those times? Faux is a great alternative.
When it comes to choosing faux items, quality is key. Since it’s synthetic, faux leather may not last as long as real leather. But? If you’re kind to your clothes and care for them appropriately, faux leather can be your best friend.
- This faux leather moto jacket from Anthropologie is as yummy as faux gets—smooth and soft and perfect. And? Only $178.
- A leather skirt is as classy and sophisticated as a little black dress. This faux-leather pleated one from J.Crew is exactly that. (I’ve had mine for two seasons now.) For only $120, it looks and feels just like the real thing.
- Target is rocking it this season with amazing faux leather jackets. Like this brown A New Day moto style for only $40.
Faux fur is dreamy, cozy, and budget friendly. However, I find faux fur a bit trickier to shop. If it’s too cheap, the fur can shed, feel scratchy, or look like a matted cat. Before purchasing, give the item a twice-over—shake it and touch it. If it doesn’t shed and feels soft, it’s worth buying.
- A fun way to incorporate faux fur is with a scarf or collar. It will not only keep you cozy, but it’ll look luxurious as well. This leopard print one from Anthropologie is as classy at it gets. And? Is only $88.
- I love a hood lined with faux fur. Like this hooded parka coat from Urban Outfitters for just $149.
- Can you say cozy? This black faux fur coat from Zara will keep you warm and elevate any outfit, whether you’re in jeans, a black dress, or athleisure pants. Only $149.
Plumbid – a new and innovative way to market and sell your home!
Thanks for reading our post about Best faux fall items in town.
On another matter, we recently sold a private view home for that amount over the list price because of the Plumbid bidding process. And buyers were solid — we made sure they were fully qualified and informed about the property before they could bid. Check here, or call or text the deFazio’s for more information at 626-825-9955. And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you. Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.