Pasadena celebrates its 132nd year with robots and Stormtroopers, music by Gypsy Jambo!, makeup and monsters, face painting, balloon art, activities stations galore, and – of course – birthday cake! The free, family-friendly party for the community takes its cue from the Museum’s popular exhibition, Dreaming the Universe: The Intersection of Science, Fiction, & Pasadena.
Party-goers are welcome to dress as their favorite science fiction characters or come as you are.
- Eat cake!
- Visit the Dreaming the Universe exhibition & the Finnish Folk Art Museum
- Hobnob with the Mayor and other City dignitaries
- Watch science fiction monsters come to life in the Makeup Demo studio
- Enjoy performances by Gypsy Jambo!
- Create your own robot in Art 2 Go’s crafts workshop
- Enhance your “look” at our Face Painting station
- Marvel at the wizardry of Mind-Blowing Balloons while they make something special just for you
- Get to know some Stormtroopers – don’t miss this photo op
- Visit our Event Partners for special activities at each station
Celebrate Pasadena’s 132nd Birthday – Sunday, June 3, 1:00 to 4:00 pm Festivities begin at 1:00 pm. The official cake cutting ceremony with Mayor Terry Tornek, City Council members and other VIPs is scheduled for 2:00 pm.
Tickets: Admission & Parking is Free
Signature Cake Sponsor, Baja Ranch Supermarket
Plumbid – a new and innovative way to market and sell your home!
Thanks for reading about Happy Birthday Pasadena: Wish upon a Star! On another matter, how would you like a way to get 12% or more over asking price for your home? We recently sold a private view home for that amount over the list price because of the Plumbid bidding process. And buyers were solid — we made sure they were fully qualified and informed about the property before they could bid. Check here, or call or text the deFazio’s for more information at 626-825-9955.And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.