It’s February. I’ll let that sink in for a minute. For some, January seemed to inch by, causing the Internet to create dozens of Tweets like “30 days has September, April, June, and November, all the rest have 31, except for…January which has seven…hundred when will this god awful month end” (@SimplyTome). For others, the month flew by. Regardless, it’s done. Over. Leaving us to focus on the shortest month in the calendar year.
Which includes? Valentine’s Day!
Yes, that silly day that you either love or hate. It’s a tricky one. But instead of focusing on the negatives of V-Day, let’s focus on the positives—we all have someone in our life we love. Someone we look up to. Someone we admire. Whether that’s a sister, mother, aunt, father, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, wife, or husband—there’s someone you can celebrate come February 14th.
If you’re like me, you might need a little help when it comes to gift giving. (I’m not very good at it.) Something that doesn’t break the bank but does tell that special person in your life, “Hey. You’re great.”
Below, you’ll find 10 of my favorite V-Day gifts for $20 and under for both men and women. Enjoy shopping!
- These SUGARFIX by BaubleBar crystal and stone stud earrings from Target are gorgeous—and only $13.
- This sweet little wallet-on-a-string in blush pink is the perfect addition to any night out ensemble. Target, for just $20.
- For a little fancy in your man’s life, this bowtie set from Goodfellow & Co is perfect (and perfectly priced at $19.99).
- A trifold leather style wallet for only $16.99? Yes, please.
- I bet you could think of three women in your life who would love a rose marble phone case, (for just $20 at Urban Outfitters) no? Fits iPhones 8/7/6/6s Plus.
- Love this fun, glitter-filled picture frame with “Better Together” printed across the bottom. Buy four for just $16.
- Know someone who could use some humor on Valentine’s Day? How about the book Crap Dates: Disasterous Encounters from Single Life by Rhodri Marsden ($9.95).
- A little hair love for the guys is always a good idea—functional and fashionable. Try this $18 Uppercut Deluxe Pomade from Urban Outfitters.
- For the essential oils fan, choose from various scents with fun names like Thriving, Hustle, and So Chill ($12).
- A sweet way to daily focus on your relationship—One Question a Day for You & Me: A Three-Year Journal By Aimee Chase ($16.99).
Shelter from the Storms: Pasadena Bad Weather Shelter open through March 1
Thanks for reading our post on Valentine’s Gifts $20 and Under!On another matter, the Pasadena Bad Weather Shelter is open during the current bad weather season, on nights with a forecast of 40 degrees or below and/or 40 percent chance of rain until March 1. During the 2015-2016 winter, the last season with available records, the BWS was open a total of 33 nights. It served a total of 1,941 guests — 1,423 men and 518 women.
To find out if the shelter is open each night, call the BWS Hotline at (888) 915-8111. For all other questions, call(626) 797- 2402.