With 41% of people saying gift cards are what they want most this holiday season, continuing a decade-plus trend of gift cards topping the list of the most popular holiday presents, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Best Gift Cards, which includes 10 money-saving gift card tips to help shoppers spread cheer on the cheap.
Here are some highlights from WalletHub’s report:
Best Gift Cards (Wallet Hub Score)
– Starbucks Gift Card (60 points)- iTunes Gift Card (70 points)
– Walmart Gift Card (60 points)
– Victoria’s Secret Gift Card (55 points)
– Amazon Gift Card (55 points)
Biggest Buyer Discount
– Dunkin Donuts Gift Card (24.83% discount)
– Fandango Gift Card (19.90% discount)
– H&M Gift Card (15.03% discount)
– Cabelas Gift Card (13.51% discount)
– Olive Garden Gift Card (12.06% discount)
Highest Resale Value ($100 Gift Card)
– Amazon Gift Card ( rank 1 )
– Visa Gift Card ( rank 1 )
– Walmart Gift Card ( rank 3 )
– iTunes Gift Card ( rank 4 )
– American Express Gift Card ( rank 4 )
Other Key Findings:
– Trader Joe’s gift cards have seen the biggest increase in popularity in the past year.
– Apple Store gift cards and H&M gift cards have seen the biggest drop in popularity.
– Gift cards for Cinemark ($55.81) and Dunkin Donuts ($61.84) have the lowest resale value.
– The year’s least discounted gift cards belong to Costco (0.04%) and Netflix (0.10%).
For the full list of 2017’s best gift cards, plus 10 money-saving gift card tips, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-gift-cards/27133/
Plumbid – a new and innovative way to market and sell your home!
Thanks for reading about Gift Cards for Holiday Season!On another matter, how would you like a way to get 12% or more over asking price for your home? We recently sold a private view home for that amount over the list price because of the Plumbid bidding process. And buyers were solid — fully qualified and informed about the property before they could bid. Check here, or call or text the DeFazio’s for more information at 626-825-9955.
And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.