I love plaid. There’s something cozy and relaxing about the print, am I right? It conjures up images of hayrides, pumpkin patches, firesides, and autumn leaves. But what I’m digging this season is how plaid has made it onto more sophisticated styles as well—oversized blazers; tailored pants; mini skirts; dresses; designer purses. Basically, plaid is your new go-to pattern for work and play.
Plus? There are so many different types of plaid, you’re bound to discover one perfect for your lifestyle.
Looking to ease your way into this trend? Start with gingham, an even-sized check formed by horizontal and vertical stripes. Typically a summer plaid, gingham can look fall by just your color choice:
- Like this blue gingham button down from Anthroplogie. Paired with jeans, booties, and a floppy hat and you’re ready for an autumn night out.
- And this black midi gingham skirt—dress it up with heels or down with sneakers for a perfect fall look.
For a bolder look, choose a buffalo plaid. “Officially, Buffalo Plaid or check is ‘plaid with large blocks formed by the intersection of two different color yarns, typically red and black’” (www.tartansauthority.com).
- I’m loving how this jacket plays with the colors of buffalo plaid, swapping out red and black for dusty pink (a hot color for fall) and white.
Looking to add some sophistication to your wardrobe? Try a windowpane plaid. The simplicity of the pattern—a single color stripe forming a large check—gives off a more formal look.
- Banana Republic nails it with their windowpane shift dress.
- Another knock out top, perfect for the workplace, is this tie-neck flannel shirt in windowpane plaid.
Other items I’m loving for this season’s plaid trend:
Plumbid – a new and innovative way to market and sell your home!
Thanks for reading about Fall’s must have print this season? Would you consider a way to get 12% or more over asking price for your home? We recently sold a private view home for that amount over the list price because of the Plumbid bidding process. And buyers were solid — fully qualified and informed about the property before they could bid. Check here, or call or text the deFazios for more information at 626-825-9955.
And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.