One of my most favorite trends for this fall is velvet. It’s luxe; it’s sophisticated; it’s classy. And? It’s everywhere. Which means you can wear velvet morning, noon, and night and no one will question you.
While the trend took off in 2016, it’s here to stay this season with a slightly elevated twist. We’re talking tailored suits, full skirts, platform sandals, elegant dresses, ankle booties, wide-legged trousers, and the list goes on.
I love the idea of wearing casual pieces in a luxurious fabric. A velvet blazer with jeans and a tee, for example. Velvet joggers with sneakers. Velvet slides with a chambray dress. It instantly elevates your look for fall without any extra hassle. if anything, it’s just as comfortable (or more) than your favorite sweats or sweatshirt.
Designers this year are creating pieces in bold jewel-tones too. Which, according to elle.com, is perfect “when dressing for a fall wedding.”
So, what are some of my favorites this season? Shop the list below!
- It’s pricey but amazing, and I want this Crew velvet double-breasted blazer in both the midnight navy and bright yellow.
- For a fraction of the price, this Asos tailored velvet blazer is a gorgeous way to try the trend without breaking the bank.
- Love the simplicity of this velvet shift dress in black. It’ll be this fall’s little black dress, for sure!
- Target does it again with their velvet t-shirt dress in navy or pink. Sweet, simple, and a steal of a price.
- Dress these velvet track pants from Free People up or down—with heels for dinner out or sneakers for running to the store.
- If you’re looking for velvet jeggings (and let’s be honest, who isn’t?), then look no further than Talbots.
- I am in love with these velvet ankle-tie heels from Anthropologie. Need I say more?
- Such a fun way to add this luxe fabric to your look is with velvet sneakers, like these coral ones from (yet again) Anthro.
- Can we say yes, please to this velvet navy belt from Banana Republic? It’s the perfect way to add a touch of this season’s trend if you’re not ready for a head-to-toe look.
- Crushing hard on this black velvet baseball cap from Madewell. Bad hair days begone!
Plumbid – a new and innovative way to market and sell your home!
Thanks for reading about Favorite Fall Trends: Velvet Everything! Would you consider a way to get 12% or more over asking price for your home? We recently sold a private view home for that amount over the list price because of the Plumbid bidding process. And buyers were solid — fully qualified and informed about the property before they could bid. Check here, or call or text the deFazios for more information at 626-825-9955.
And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.