I feel like I say, “can you believe it’s…” every month. But! Can you believe it’s May already? Spring is in full bloom; the jacaranda trees are spreading their purple love all around town (these ones, in case you’re wondering); and Mother’s Day is only days away. For some, it’s a day to celebrate. For others, it’s a hard reminder of loss. Whatever your story, whatever your journey, there is a woman in your life worth celebrating, biological mother or not.
Peruse my favorites below to help celebrate that special gal in your life—mother, sister, aunt, or friend.
For the jet-setter
- A decorative passport cover. Personally, I’d love one. Yet it’s something I can’t justify purchasing—too impractical, perhaps? But I’d adore receiving one. It adds a bit of fun and whimsy to an otherwise utilitarian item.
- Makeup bag. Being an always-on-the-go-gal means always having her make up ready to go with her. What better way to haul her products around than in a pretty makeup bag?
- Travel journal. Give your jet-set gal something to write her adventures in; so she can remember every airport snafu, quirky hotel guest, and laugh-out-loud event and tell you upon her return.
For the homebody
- Throw pillow. Anyone else love various sized pillows in various sized colors and patterns? Because I adore them. Often times decorative pillows can be so expensive. But thanks to Target, you can find all sorts at amazing prices. In fact, get the homebody in your life two.
- Apron. For the gal who spends most of her time cooking, an apron is practically part of her outfit. So why not give her one with style?
- Vase. Nothing brightens up a home more than fresh flowers. Help your gal collect pretty vases to put them in.
For the #girlboss
- iPhone (etc.) cover. So many designs. So little money to buy them all yourself. Help a girl out.
- Desk organizer. This adorable Kate Spade organizer comes with a calendar, sticky notes, and a note pad, all wrapped in a linen case, covered in gold dots.
For the minimalist
- Greens. Gilly in Old Pasadena has the most amazing succulent arrangements, perfect for the gal in your life who seeks to own less material items.
- Book. Have you heard of the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tiyding Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing? It’s the perfect gift for someone looking to declutter their space and live more minimally.
Great Real Estate coming soon!
Thanks for reading about Mother’s Day Gift Guide in Pasadena! Here is a first look at a Mt Washington private view home soon to be on the market through deasy/penner&partners innovative PlumBid! Check the link, or call or text the deFazios for more information at 626-825-9955.And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.