I love, love, love when a new clothing store comes to Pasadena—especially one I’ve never set foot in. This one? Comes from New York. And while their shop in Old Pasadena is only the second store to open in California (the first is on Larchmont in Los Angeles), you’ve probably seen their items before. Where? On the racks of Anthropologie.
I was perusing Anthropologie online and noticed the label “Mo:Vint” on one of the dresses I was eyeing. Something clicked. The new store I saw along Colorado Blvd seemed to share the same name. I did a quick Google search, and sure enough—I was right!
Mo:Vint, which stands for Modern Vintage, is located on Colorado Blvd between 21 Choices and Sunglass Hut (Diesel’s old stomping grounds). The easy-going boutique “showcases the best styles from all over the world; inspired by the effortless chic Parisian, the simple yet well-dressed New Yorker, and the casually stylish Californian.”
Not only do I love their styles—Anthroplogie meets Joie—their pricing is incredibly decent. Unlike some of Old Pasadena’s boutiques, like Joie, Vince, Therapy, and Elsa B, who’s prices aren’t exactly budget friendly, Mo:Vint’s prices range on average between $80-$130. For dresses, jumpsuits, rompers, sweaters, tops, you name it. Can we say win-win?
Some of my favorites:
- Shift dress with trim detail in a navy pattern. Flirty, adorable, and affordable: $89.90
- Polka dot heather grey sweater. Need I say more? And, only $74.90.
- The longline notched vest is a cool way to transition from winter to spring, IMHO. Perfectly drapey in a soft black means it goes with everything.
- Adore this cold shoulder button down with front tie detail. Sweet and preppy meets modern and trendy. Um, yes?
- Talk about easy and breezy—this Audrey peplum pullover is exactly that.
- Oh, and did I mention they sell kids clothes? These floral shorts and this indigo dress have to be two of the cutest items ever. Too bad they don’t come in my size.
Shop mo:vint TODAY! www.movint.com
87 W Colorado Blvd | Pasadena 91105
Great Real Estate coming soon!
Thanks for reading about MoVint — Welcome to Pasadena , here is a first look at a Mt Washington private view home soon to be on the market through deasy/penner&partners innovative PlumBid! Check the link, or call or text the deFazios for more information at 626-825-9955.And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.