Masters of Taste 2017 at the Rose Bowl will benefit Union Station Homeless Services
The second annual Masters of Taste, an outdoor, luxury food and beverage festival to be held on May 7th on the field of the gorgeous Pasadena Rose Bowl will bring to town over 2,500 food and beverage enthusiasts from all over Los Angeles for one afternoon of delectable food and drink tasting that will directly benefit Union Station Homeless Services.
100% of the proceeds from Masters of Taste 2017 will go to Union Station Homeless Services, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to helping homeless men, women and children rebuild their lives. Union Station is part of a premier group of human services agencies in Los Angeles County that are leading the way to end homelessness in our community. It offers an array of services including street outreach, meals, shelter, housing, case management and career development. Last year, Masters of Taste 2016 raised over $435,000 for Union Station Homeless Services, and this year Masters of Taste hopes to grow that number to $560,000.
What you can expect:
Some of this year’s Masters of Taste 2017 participating Culinary Masters and Restaurants include:
- 118 Degrees Chef Jenny Ross (Tarzana)
- Alexander’s Steakhouse Chef Matt Bata (Pasadena)
- Bacchus Kitchen & Eatery and Claude & Co. Chef Claud Beltran (Pasadena)
- Bone Kettle and Komodo Chef Erwin Tjahyadi (Pasadena and Los Angeles)
- CAST at the Viceroy Santa Monica Chef Larry Monaco (Santa Monica)
- Celestino Chef Calogero Drago (Pasadena)
- Church & State and Spring Chef Tony Esnault (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Crossings Chef Lalo Sanchez (South Pasadena)
- HACHÉ LA Chef Michael “Mick” Schepers (Silver Lake)
- HokePoke Chef Lauren Haas (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Hamasaku Chef Yoya Takahashi (Los Angeles)
- Hyperion Public Chef Paddy Aubrey (Silver Lake and Studio City)
- INTRO Art Gallery & Chef’s Table Chef Paul Shoemaker (North Hollywood)
- Little Beast Chef Jose Perez (Eagle Rock)
- Magnolia House Chef Evan Colter (Pasadena)
- Mama Lion Chef Michael Hung (Koreatown)
- Mexikosher Chef Katsuji Tanabi (Los Angeles)
- Milk & Honey Chef Lulu Cai (Hollywood)
- Miro Chef Gavin Mills (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Momed Chef Alex Sarkissian (Beverly Hills and Atwater Village)
- Nerano Chef Michele Lisi (Beverly Hills)
- Prince of Venice
- Ramen Tatsunoya (Pasadena)
- SpireWorks Chef Kuniko Yagi (Westwood Village and Eagle Rock)
- Redbird Chef Neal Fraser (Downtown Los Angeles)
- The Raymond 1886 Chef Tim Guiltinan (Pasadena)
- True Food Kitchen Chef Phil Noresetter (Pasadena)
- Venice Whaler Chef Nick Liberato (Venice)
Sweet Masters: A select group of Los Angeles Top Sweet Masters will showcase an assortment of delectable desserts such as the gourmet single-origin chocolate and vanilla ice creams from Choctal, homemade premium sorbets from Helados Pops, the finest globally-procured cacao from Chocolate Stars USA, and much more from Café Dulce, Icy Rush, Lark Cake Shop, Magpies Softserve, Mignon Chocolate, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Sprinkles, Street Churros and The Dirty Cookie.
Brewmasters: Beverage Masters who specialize in barley and hops will be presenting top-notch ales, lagers, pilsners and more for guests to sample, sip and savor all throughout the event, including Southern California favorites Bootlegger’s Brewery, Indie Brewing Company, Iron triangle Brewing, MacLeod Ale Brewing Co., Three Weavers Brewing Company and 101 Cider House.
Wineries: A specially curated collection of Wine Masters will be showcasing their finest varietals including premium boutique winery Ascension Cellars, Antelope Valley’s Golden Star Vineyards, Jardesca, St. Helena’s Hall Wines, Anderson Valley’s Navarro Vineyards, San Antonio Winery in Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Barbara County’s Tercero Wines, Napa Valley’s Trinchero Family Estates and Vinemark Cellars.
Bars & Spirits: Some of L.A.’s top bartenders and cocktail bars will be creating first-rate craft cocktails, including Peter Lloyd-Jones and 1886 Bar, Garrett McKechnie of Downtown L.A.’s Bar Mattachine and Bar Manager Bethany Ham of the newly opened 1950s inspired hidden cocktail den Birds & Bees. Top brands showcasing their finest spirits will also include American Born Moonshine, Dulce Vida Tequila, Mezcal El Silencio, Glenlevit, Kikori Whiskey, Martell Blue Swift and ZYR Russian Vodka just to name a few.
Non-Alcoholic Beverages: A variety of premium non-alcoholic Beverage Masters will also be on hand for those who wish to hydrate, caffeinate or regenerate, featuring the “bevolutionary” Bai who will be presenting their antioxidant juices, teas and water infusions, Boxed Water, Califia Farms Juices and Cold Brew Coffees, Dry Sparkling, Kombucha Dog, Milk+T, cold-pressed juices from Nekter Juice Bar, Philz hand roasted customized blended Coffee, and all natural, refreshing beverages from Zico Coco Water.
All this, plus the treat of feasting on the fine fare as you walk the grounds of this superb location.
Masters of Taste 2017 will take place on Sunday, May 7th. A VIP Power Hour will be held from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm and General Admission will be from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Tickets to this event are only available for guests 21+ and over. For more information and to book your tickets visit www.MastersofTasteLA.com/Tickets.
The Pasadena Rose Bowl is located at 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103. You are encouraged to utilize car services – Lyft, Uber, Taxi, etc. – since this event serves alcoholic beverages. To get 20% off your ride to and from Masters of Taste, please visit Lyft. Complimentary parking will also be available at the event.
Photo: Masters of Taste 2017 media preview / Dena Burroughs
Great Real Estate coming soon!
Thanks for reading about The second annual Masters of Taste at Rose Bowl in Pasadena , here is a first look at a Mt Washington private view home soon to be on the market through deasy/penner&partners innovative PlumBid! Check the link, or call or text the deFazios for more information at 626-825-9955.And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week