What is it about New Year’s Eve that makes us want to wear all the fun, fancy things? Maybe it’s the excitement of a new year dawning; or the eagerness to leave the past behind. Whatever it is, it’s a night to layer those statement necklaces; to mix tulle with sequins; glitzy heels with blingy jewels; that LBD with a bold red lip. Rules, begone. The only one to follow—have fun.
Typically, my plans on NYE are low-key and semi-casual. A dinner out with the family then a movie night in. But that doesn’t keep me from dressing fancy. I adore wearing a fun, flirty dress with heels, bold makeup, and glitzy jewelry. Last year I found an amazing jacquard style shift dress at Target—the golden sheen added the perfect NYE vibe. Paired with black heels and statement earrings and I was ready to (eat) the night away.
This year, I’m leaning towards the LBD with a bold red lip and lots of layered statement necklaces. But whatever your plans, be sure to have fun. It’s truly the night to be as glam as you dream. No matter if you’re spending the evening out or on the couch.
- Love love love the velvet and bell sleeves on this Anthropologie dress. It’s luxe; it’s flirty; and it’s a fun take on the typical LBD. And for only $158—throw in some jewelry too.
- Can we just say yes to this dress? Cream with golden sequins stars and twirl ready? Pair with golden heels or add a pop of color with pink peep toes.
- The perfect piece for casual glam? Sparkly flats. And who does it better than Kate Spade.
- Paired this velvet tee from Vince with skinny jeans and high heels and you’re ready for a low-key dinner or drinks at your local bar.
- Who says you can’t wear sparkles for a movie-marathon on NYE? Take these sequin joggers from Macy’s for instance. Comfy enough to relax in; blingy enough to celebrate in. Pair with a fun beanie with a faux fur pom and you’re ready for take-out and Netflix. All. Night. Long.
- Instead of the LBD how about the LBJ—little black jumpsuit? You’ll feel just as festive in this alternative style yet so much more comfy.
What will you be wearing on NYE?
FREE report: “Seven Reasons why you should hire a professional home inspector before listing your home for sale.”
Thanks for reading Robin’s post about New Year’s Eve Fashion!
Are you ready to sell your Pasadena-area home? Learn how you can sell your home faster and at a higher price with a professional home pre-inspection. Click below to download this FREE report: “Seven Reasons why you should hire a professional home inspector before listing your home for sale.” It’s a real eye-opener that will help you increase the value of your house and sell it quicker.
And, if you are moving to Pasadena, we can help you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we know the territory and can find the best property for you.
Visit us at Around Town Pasadena for more about Pasadena restaurants and food, great real estate, art and culture, and shopping and fashion. We post new and exciting features for you four or five times a week.