Although I’ve grown up in Southern California, I always forget that February brings a short heat wave. We’re talking 80s in winter. And this year is no exception. So, what to where during a winter time heat wave? I like sticking with winter fabrics—wool; tweed; nubby knits; cashmere—but worn in summer shapes. Let me explain. A wool mini paired with cognac booties and a long sleeve silk top. Winter vibes but still ready for the sun.
Luckily, there are great sales going on around Old Pasadena. Spring lines are almost here; which means shops are trying to move all that winter inventory. What better way to stock up on winter favorites than with deep slashes to price tags? Plus, you can wear that wool shift or leather skirt without piling on the layers this week. Win-win, in my book.
J.Crew — extra 30% off final sales
- The flutter mini skirt in double-serge wool is the perfect winter/heat wave piece and is on sale for $79.99 PLUS 30% off.
- My favorite skirt of the season is the metallic tweed zip skirt; short and whimsical with a wintry warmth—and now that it’s 30% off $89.99, who can so no?
- I’m loving the plaid flannel raw edge dress—it’s swingy and breezy but still in plaid—which is perfect for warm winter days.
- Possibly my favorite shoes I now need to own are these suede D’Orsay flats, on sale for just $34.99. They come in a deep maroon and would look perfect paired with overalls and a graphic tee for this week’s heat wave.
- There are some great pieces here on sale. Like this silk yates jumpsuit for $79.99 (silky and slinky for a night out. You might not even need a jacket this week!); the Billie Boot (a low cut bootie in soft camel) is a steal at $179.50; and the tweed skater dress, on sale for $79.99, is a sweet and flirty dress, ready for a warm winter.
Urban Outfitters 139 W Colorado Blvd | Pasadena 91105 626-449-1818
Madewell 126 W Colorado Blvd | Pasadena 91105 626-792-1261
J.Crew 3 W Colorado Blvd | Pasadena 91105 626-568-2739