Jimmy Carter, thirty-ninth U.S. President and Nobel Peace Prize winner, reflects on his full life in his new book entitled A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety. He will be in Pasadena for a book signing that will be held Thursday, July 30, at 6 p.m. at the Vroman’s Bookstore.
If you’d like to attend, you may start by placing a phone or internet order of the book. If purchasing online, include in the comment section the following: EVENT TICKET NEEDED. You will receive one line ticket with each book purchased. The books and the line tickets will be available for pick up on the afternoon of July 7th. (Line tickets will have to be picked up, they cannot be shipped.)
Because this book signing will be a high security event, Vroman’s has posted the following event guidelines. There will be no exceptions to them, so please read them carefully.
- President Carter will only sign books purchased at Vroman’s Bookstore’s main location (695 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, 91101).
- Each customer may only get up to two (2) books by President Jimmy Carter signed – one of which MUST be A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety. Customers will receive one line ticket with each Carter book purchased. Their line ticket will then be validated. Customers must show a validated line ticket for each book they want signed the night of the event. Only books with line tickets will be signed. Up to two (2) line tickets will be issued, one per book, to a customer.
- Customers will be allowed to bring two (2) people with them in line on their one ticket, but still only books with validated tickets will be signed.
- Vroman’s will provide 1500 line tickets, which is the amount of books they anticipate President Carter being able to sign. However, circumstances may change the number of books he’ll sign.
- Vroman’s Bookstore will be unable to obtain signed books for those who cannot attend the signing on Thursday July 30th.
- President Carter will NOT be able to personalize or sign any memorabilia.
- If a customer is purchasing a copy of the book online they must include in the comments:
EVENT TICKET NEEDED. No online or phone orders will be accepted after July 29.
- Tickets will be lettered and will be organized by the grouped letter. Customers MUST BE at Vroman’s and in line no later than an hour and a half (4:30 PM) before the start of the event or they will forfeit their place in line.
- Customers with canes, walkers or wheelchairs should arrive by 4:00 PM. Vroman’s will have seating available upstairs in the Children’s Department.
- Posed photos and/or photos from the line will NOT be allowed. There will be a designated customer photo area where customers may take their pictures from after they have gotten their books signed, however in the interest in keeping the line moving customers will not be able to linger in the photo area.
- Additional President Jimmy Carter titles may be available and will be given a ticket if purchased for the signing. However, customers are only allowed two books and two tickets for this event. President Carter is only able to sign 1500 books in the time allotted and the number will be monitored carefully.
Vroman’s Pasadena is located at 695 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena 9101. If after reading the guidelines you still have questions, please call the bookstore at 626-449-5320.
Photo: Official presidential portrait of Jimmy Carter (by Herbert E. Abrams, 1982)