With Thanksgiving less than a week away, it’s time to finalize your hostess gift options. (Unless you’re the hostess; then all you have to worry about is the turkey. And the stuffing. And the wine. And the…) Small but chic, these gifts can pack a punch without breaking the bank. Suggestions? I’ve got plenty, and they all come from Old Town Pasadena’s Anthropologie:
For the organic hostess —
• Tree Trunk Planter–this $16 planter is as rustic and earthy as you can get.
• Eat Pretty | Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out–a sweet book about the ultimate organic lifestyle: beauty, inside and out ($16.95).
For the fashionable hostess —
• Tea and Crumpets Apron–for only $32, this adorable apron will impress any fashionable hostess; even the ones who fear cooking. Because, who wouldn’t want to look put together while fixing scrambled eggs? (This is me.)
• Swimming Swans Trinket Dish–perfect in the kitchen to hold loose rings while cooking or on a nightstand, this adorable trinket dish runs for a mere $14.
For the cooking hostess —
• Butterfly Field Potholders–each is $12 and each is a darling addition to any cooks kitchen.
• Farmers Cabinet Cheese Knives–this dark wood handle set of cheese knives runs a little high at $48, but the rustic and chic elements of these tools will definitely receive high praise from any cook, male or female.
For the literary hostess —
• Monogram Crest Journal–adorable, small, and personalized; how could anything be better? And at $25, this little goodie is a steal.
• J.D. Salinger Boxed Set–yes, this is expensive ($99.99), but I had to include it because as the hostess this year, I would absolutely faint if someone showed up with this in hand. What literary hostess wouldn’t?
Shop all hostess gifts at Anthropologie on S Fair Oaks in Old Town Pasadena. http://www.anthropologie.com/