It hardly seems possible that it is almost time for another ArtNight Pasadena, but it is! The free, uber-fun night is scheduled for Friday, March 14, and the City of Pasadena and the 16 cultural institutions that will participate in it are already in full preparation mode.
Would you like to be involved? The organizers are searching for 15 personable and knowledgeable docents to ride the shuttle buses during the event to provide guidance to drivers and patrons. This is an actual paid job that will reimburse you $10 per hour for attending a training session and for working on the night of the event (for a total of $75).
Does it sound like something you’d like to do? Consider the following requirements and decide whether you’d be a good fit:
- You must attend ONE of the following mandatory training sessions in Pasadena to learn how to be a Docent: February 10, 2014 – 6:30 pm to 8:00pm; or February 19, 2014 – 12 noon – 1:30 pm; or February 20, 2014 – 6:30 pm to 8:00pm;
- You will need a cell phone to use during the ArtNight event;
- You’ll have to be available to work from 4:45 pm – 10:45 pm on Friday, March 14;
- You will be navigating bus drivers on the night of the event, NOT driving the shuttle, BUT you will have to personally drive each of the shuttle bus routes prior to Friday, March 14;
- You must have a friendly demeanor and look forward to talking to other people on this great night;
- You must be 18 years or older.
Is the job perfect for you? Apply to become an ArtNight Pasadena Docent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Mailing address
• Email address
• Cell phone number
• Meeting date you would be able to attend
Make 2014 the year when you will do more than attend ArtNight Pasadena! You can be part of it!